Administrative Coordinator / Assistant to the President
Administrative Coordinator / Assistant to the President for Growing Tree Care Company
Urban Arborists is a knowledge-driven, full-service tree care firm based in Red Hook, Brooklyn, serving the five boroughs of New York City and the surrounding tristate area. The company regularly performs the following services: pruning, removals, plant health care, tree planting, and legal, inventory, and construction related consulting. Urban Arborists is widely known for the accuracy of its recommendations and the quality of its work. You can check out the work we’ve done for some of our major institutional and municipal clients such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Evergreens Cemetery, and Madison Square Park. We also serve hundreds of private clients annually, from those with humble urban backyards or potted gardens to luxury condo terraces and estates.
Our office is comprised of a range of long-term employees and new upstart arborists operating on principles of flexibility, open communication, and of course, caring for the environment. We are looking for a well-organized and committed individual who will mesh well with our principles and can provide organizational and administrative support full-time. If desired this position allows for arboricultural study at the New York Botanical Garden and/or further learning in arboriculture, the tree care industry, and small business practice.
Normal Office hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5:30pm (except Summer Fridays!)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Field customer phone and email queries
- General customer relationship management
- Manage arborists scheduling & appointments
- Track and create consulting and diagnostic contracts
- Review, edit and send estimates/contracts for the company president
- Apply for relevant permits
- Assist with tree inventories, data entry, and assessments as needed
The Ideal Candidate:
- Well-organized with high attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Professional and articulate in dealing with clients
- College degree or 3+ years of experience in similar administrative capacity
- Pursues long-term tasks to completion
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Two Weeks Paid Vacation. Salary commensurate with experience.
Spanish language skills a plus. Supportive environment for LGBTQ+ and POC.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.