Halsted Welles Associates, a well-established New York City garden design/build firm has opportunities for assistant gardeners to join our crew. Based in Brooklyn, we are a multidisciplinary team of architects, designers, engineers, and horticulturalists. We design, install and maintain high-end rooftop, terrace, and townhouse gardens primarily in Manhattan. Part- and full-time positions available.
- Agreeable disposition, working well with others, and eager to learn new skills
- High level of energy in all weather conditions
- Ability to take direction well and complete multiple tasks with detail and proficiency
- Presentable appearance and professional demeanor
- Ability to carry a load of 50 lbs up and down a flight of stairs
- Ability to communicate in English
Desirable Skills and Interests:
- Working knowledge of planting, maintenance, and pruning.
- Interest in the environment, sustainability and the greening of NYC.
- Valid driver license with excellent driving record
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.