Synthetic Turf Care Assistant
CITY OF NEW YORK PARKS & RECREATION
CITYWIDE JOB VACANCY NOTICE: Job ID No.
Office Title: City Park Worker Synthetic Turf Care Assistant
Civil Service Title: City Park Worker
Title Code No: 90641
Salary: New Hire Rate: $33,704 Incumbent Rate: $38,760
Number of Positions: 1
Work Location: 5-Boro, Randall’s Island
NYC Parks’ central maintenance team cares for its 150+ synthetic turf fields. The synthetic turf maintenance team will improve the quality and useful life of Parks’ synthetic turf fields through proactive grooming and targeted maintenance.
•Under close supervision, safely operate Parks vehicles and specialized synthetic turf grooming equipment.
•Perform minor repair work including, but not limited to, plumbing, masonry, electrical, painting, carpentry, metalwork, vehicle and equipment repair.
•Conduct safety checks on facilities and equipment.
•Assist in general maintenance work, including turf maintenance, snow removal, sweeping and raking of litter and emptying of receptacles.
•Clean and maintain facilities including comfort stations.
•May move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties.
• Experience towing trailers (non-CDL).
1. There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position
2. A motor vehicle driver license valid in the State of New York is required.
3. Ability to read and understand and obey orders is required.
4. There are certain medical and physical requirements.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required for all other candidates.
1. Possess mechanical skills.
2. Experience towing trailers (non-CDL).
3. At least 2 years of full-time experience caring for turf.
4. Commercial Driver License a plus.
How to Apply
1. From a Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) from the Parks Intranet under Applications or use this link: https://hrb.nycaps.nycnet/.
Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID#
Do not access ESS using nyc.gov/ess from a Parks computer.
Parks & City Employees:
2. From a Non-Parks computer: Access Employee Self Service (ESS) by going to nyc.gov/ess or use this link: https://a127-ess.nyc.gov/. Once in ESS, go to Recruiting then Careers and search for Job ID#
Include your ERN and Job ID# on your cover letter and resume.
All other applicants:
Go to nyc.gov/careers/search and search for Job ID#
POST DATE: POST UNTIL:
NOTE: All resumes must be received no later than the last day of the posting period. References will be required upon request. If you have any questions regarding this vacancy or require a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please call the Personnel Division at (212) 830-7851.