Future Green Studio, a dynamic landscape urbanism and urban ecology firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a full-time Carpenter who is passionate, hard‐working and highly skilled.
Location: Red Hook, Brooklyn NY 11231
- Execute a diverse array of on‐site exterior trim and general carpentry projects
- Taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for projects
- Operate woodworking machines, including saws, milling and sanding machines
- Understand detailed architectural drawings and shop drawings
- Maintain shop inventory and coordinate material, tool, and supply orders
- Reports to Shop Director
- Dependable, hard‐working, versatile, and passionate
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials common to the carpentry trade.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Experience reading and building from shop plans/ blue prints
- Familiarity with cabinetry and joinery a plus.
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green Studio’s work focuses on reclaiming post‐industrial landscapes, on planning future visions for cities, and on greening New York City’s rooftops. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale conceptual landscape urbanism as well as small scale garden and art interventions. We design and we build. We are thinkers, designers, teachers, gardeners and craftsmen.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.