Start Date: 8/23/2021
BrightView is looking for a detailed, energetic and hardworking team member to support the landscape maintenance at a new public park in NYC. Crew member will have a great opportunity to grow with a nation-wide company and support on a public landscape with a unique microclimate.
This position will report to the crew leader. They will closely to care for and maintain the gardens and landscapes at the park. The crew member will work with
the crew leader on all aspects of monitoring, documenting and caring for a diverse plant palette and design. In addition, the crew member will act as an
ambassador for the park.
This position requires a strong eye for detail, organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to work effectively in a team in a fast
- Perform seasonal landscape work including pruning, weeding, watering, raking, mulching, composting, transplanting, planting, clean-up, leaf removal, and lawn care
- Care for diverse plantings of trees, shrubs, perennials, grasses, vines, and bulbs.
- Maintain turf areas including mowing, edging and top dressing if needed
- Document and report plant issues.
- Spring and fall cleanups
- Seasonal mulch and compost applications as well as year-round amendments
- Prune trees and shrubs using corrective and maintenance techniques
- Hand water and monitor irrigation systems, including inspections and basic repairs as needed
- Basic integrated pest management
- Operate commercial grade landscaping equipment including mower, hedge trimmer and leaf blower
- Remove trash and debris from the landscapes; report any unsafe conditions
- Load and unload plant material and horticulture supplies onto and from transportation vehicles.
- Maintain and organize shed including cleaning and sharpening tools and equipment
- Act as an ambassador for the park, answering questions from park visitors about horticulture, park design and general information.
- One year of horticultural experience and /or background in landscape management
- Some Familiarity with plant, weed and disease ID as well as horticultural techniques.
- Is positive, energetic, and has strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Position requires the employee to perform physical labor (lifting, bending, squatting, and reach for extended periods of time)
- Is punctual, time efficient, and responsible
- Can work collaboratively, and also take initiative on individual projects and tasks
Schedule: Full time position.
Monday-Friday. Work will begin at 7am. Possible weekends - TBD.
Here’s what to know about working here: At BrightView, we’re a tight-knit crew who are as passionate about caring for our clients as we are about each other. Though we’re the nation’s leading landscape company, we maintain a small company feel and supportive environment that makes our team members feel at home.
If you’re looking to join a crew of talented go-getters who tackle big vision projects other companies could only dream of, you might just have found your match. With our range of services, including landscape design, development, maintenance and enhancements, there’s no limit to what we can do, and what you can achieve.
In addition to industry-leading development opportunities, you’ll also have benefits and perks like:
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance