Company: Aerotek (We are required to keep the name of our client confidential until the interview process has been set up) — Our client is a global engineering, management, and design company most heavily involved in the environmental field.
Openings: Currently in need of 20 people.
- 5 to 10 will be offered permanent positions with the company which has strong career paths for aspiring engineers, geologists, and scientists.
Job Title: Environmental Scientist
Pay: Depends on relevant experience (overtime is available)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science related to — forestry, geology, landscape, or agriculture. This would include fields such as: environmental engineering, environmental science, soil science, earth science, agriculture, arboriculture etc.
- Multiple years/summers of landscaping or related experience can be substituted for the specific degree requirement.
- Vehicle to get to work.
Work Environment: Sites will be available throughout the 5 boroughs, positions available in all areas. Most work will be within whichever borough you are initially working in.
Hours: Monday – Friday / 7AM – 3PM
Timeline: Project is expected to start the 1st week of March and will last through the end of June at the very minimum
Job Description/Potential Daily Responsibilities:
- Email from Project Manager where to start the day
- Meet Superintendent at job site by 7 am
- Observe/coordinate with contractors on site
- Coordinate with Project Manager to make sure staff is all present (Parks & Contractors)
- Ensure proper safety measures are followed
- Work together with Parks Department officials and other contractors
- Use spec book and understand contents to carry out daily tasks
- Look at soil and plant material and evaluate soil for proper use
- Install correct trees by matching species (tag on trees and soils)
- Record and track measurements for items such as trees and plants installed/planted/excavated
- Write daily reports in Google Docs
- Training period is provided with the company during the first week and will cover all information needed to perform the job.
Interview Date: Interviews will occur on February 12th, 2019
For those interested, please send an email to email@example.com with an up-to-date resume in order to set up a time & date to speak further in relation to the position.