Private Estate: Millbrook, NY
Large and complex private estate in Millbrook, NY looking for a hands-on, team-oriented gardener. Working under the supervision of the Greenhouse & Gardens Supervisor this gardener is expected to participate in all facets of horticultural work including greenhouse care, vegetable garden care, and care of perennial and annual displays throughout the estate.
Education and Experience
• Associate’s degree in horticulture and at least 3 years experience in the horticultural field. Greater experience may be substituted for educational requirement
• A rudimentary background in greenhouse care and growing, vegetable and flower gardening. General gardening skills and experience are required including soil preparation, planting, plant maintenance, propagation, produce harvesting, etc.
• Applicants must be able to lift 40 lbs., be physically fit, willing to work in a variety of weather conditions, and be familiar with the proper use of a variety of hand tools.
• Possess a valid drivers license
• Possess or be willing to acquire a NYS Private Pesticide Applicator’s License in categories 23 (Vegetable) or 24 (Greenhouse & Florist)
• Possess or be willing to acquire NOFA certification in organic land care
• Good written and verbal skills - fluent in the English language
Applicants must be hard working, detail oriented, able to follow directions and sometimes work independently after training.
Applicants must pass a background check.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org