The gardener is responsible for the daily upkeep of the estate’s gardens and greenhouses including weeding, watering, mulching, pruning, planting and light grounds work in addition to collecting and recording data related to our plantings. All work is done with non-mechanized tools, and without the use of pesticides.
The gardener will also assist in the supervision of a garden assistant. This is a great opportunity for someone who is knowledgeable of various types and species of plants and wants to work at a private estate, where he or she can have a great degree of creative input both with the plantings and with potential new garden designs. 40 hours a week
Location: Westchester, NY
• 4+ years experience in horticulture/ knowledge of landscape maintenance practices
• Ability to plant and maintain trees, shrubs, hedges, annual flower beds, vegetable beds, and planters by pruning and trimming, fertilizing, weeding, adding mulch, and watering as necessary
• Ability to manage ongoing plant health, identify insect and disease problems on all types of plant material, and take corrective action
• Self-motivated and organized
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work in all kinds of weather
• Possess the capability and desire to perform physically demanding work daily
• Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
A Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, botany, natural or environmental science, landscape architecture or related discipline plus one year professional experience; or four years commensurate experience in a related role.
Lifestyle Research Center, LLC