Experienced “Hands On” Urban Landscape Manager
TRILLIUM LANDSCAPE DESIGN SEEKS EXPERIENCED “HANDS ON” URBAN LANDSCAPE MANAGER
Our “Hands On” Urban Landscape Manager is responsible for plant health care, installation and management of all assigned gardens and crews. We are looking for a career minded professional who has a strong horticultural background, comprehensive plant identification skills, a sense for aesthetics, strong work ethic and the ability to lead a small crew with passion, enthusiasm and energy.
The Landscape Manager must be prepared to work alongside and teach their crew members during all maintenance and installation phases.
• Professional experience within New York City gardens
• A keen eye for detail, aesthetics and design
• Experienced in creating and maintaining high end gardens/properties
• A well-developed skill set in horticulture: plant identification, plant design, plant installation, transplanting, pruning, shearing, watering and IPM
• Understanding of irrigation and lighting systems
• Experienced in managing, leading and teaching crews in the field
• Willing to maintain and install planting designs with crews
• Excellent communication skills with the crew, management, third party vendors and clients
• Extremely organized and efficient (Able to organize work and people)
• Excellent time management skills
• A passion for people, horticulture and growing a company
• Works well in a high-pressure environment
• Self-motivated and assertive
• Committed to assisting others
• Enthusiastic during team projects and encourages others to develop ideas
• Highly imaginative and willing to share innovative ideas
• Able to visualize solutions to bring about changes
• Able to recognize client, co-worker and garden needs and meet them
• Able to lift and carry 50lbs and work in inclement weather
• A valid New York State Driver’s License
• Ability to navigate the NYC public transportation system and company vehicles.
• A degree/diploma in Horticulture/Landscaping and 5 years of practical horticultural experience
Compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Trillium Landscape Design is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick Days and transportation expense.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Candidates without experience will not be considered.