Our Horticulturist is responsible for the general oversight, installation and plant health care for all gardens. We are looking for a career minded professional who has a strong horticultural background, comprehensive plant identification skills, a sense for aesthetics, strong work ethic and the ability to lead a small crew with passion, enthusiasm and energy. The Horticulturist will be charged with the task of maintaining the aesthetic and horticultural standards of Trillium Landscape Design.
The Horticulturist must be prepared to work alongside their crew members during all maintenance and installation phases.
- Professional experience in Urban Gardening
- A keen eye for detail, aesthetics and design
- A well-developed skill set in horticulture: plant identification, plant design, plant installation, transplanting, pruning, shearing, watering, IPM etc.
- Experienced in managing, leading and teaching crews in the field
- Experienced in physically maintaining and installing gardens
- Excellent communication skills with field crew, management, third party vendors and clients
- Extremely organized
- A passion for people, horticulture and growing a company
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs and work in inclement weather
- A valid New York State Driver’s License
- Ability to drive company vehicles & box truck throughout NYC and vicinity
- A degree/diploma in Horticulture/Landscape Design and 3 years of practical horticultural experience
- New York State Pesticide License
To join our team, please email a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy to email@example.com.
Your cover letter should include a bio and explain your qualifications for the position.
Trillium Landscape Design is an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
We offer benefit and opportunities for professional growth.
No calls, please.