Experienced Urban Gardener
Our Urban Gardener is responsible for plant health care, installation and maintenance of all assigned gardens throughout NYC. We are looking for a career minded professional who has a strong horticultural background, comprehensive plant identification skills, a sense for aesthetics, strong work ethic, passion, enthusiasm and energy.
- Professional experience within New York City gardens
- A keen eye for detail, aesthetics and design
- Experienced in creating and maintaining high end gardens/properties
- A well-developed skill set in horticulture: plant identification, plant design, plant installation, transplanting, pruning, shearing, watering and IPM
- Understanding of irrigation and lighting systems
- Willing to maintain and install planting designs
- Excellent communication skills with the crew, management, third party vendors and clients
- Extremely organized and efficient (Able to organize work and people)
- Excellent time management skills
- A passion for people, horticulture and growing a company
- Works well in a high-pressure environment
- Self-motivated and assertive
- Committed to assisting others
- Enthusiastic during team projects
- Highly imaginative and willing to share innovative ideas
- Able to visualize solutions to bring about changes
- Able to recognize client, co-worker and garden needs and meet them
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs and work in inclement weather
- A valid New York State Driver’s License
- Ability to navigate the NYC public transportation system and company vehicles.
- A degree/diploma in Horticulture/Landscaping and 4 years of practical horticultural experience
To join our team, please email a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy to firstname.lastname@example.org.