Garden Install Leader
We are a NYC based, high end, full service garden and landscape design build firm specializing in design, installation, maintenance and construction. We are a growing company that delivers high quality work while maintaining a friendly working environment.
We are currently seeking a full-time Garden Install Leader to work with our horticulture and install teams on garden projects throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn.
- Leading and working with a small crew (2-4 people) to complete plant installations and other garden related construction techniques on project sites
- Understand the project schedule and organize crew teams
- Communicate to crew which project they’ve been assigned too and where they need to be on the following day for work.
- Update the progress report and include sending photos of the completed work
- Identify any requirements or supply needs for the project by updating the calendar with the required information
- Develop and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Maintain professionalism with clients and their gardens, providing attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment and following up on unresolved issues
- It is essential to be comfortable with maintaining and adjusting of irrigation systems, pest management and troubleshooting plant health or other garden issues.
- Daily responsibilities may also include driving the company van between sites and to and from the company lot.
- Good working knowledge of plant culture who is willing to teach others good garden practices.
- At least 3 years experience in landscaping profession
- Ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Clean driver’s license and smart phone are a must
- Good working knowledge of plant material
- Understanding of construction methods and handyman type skills
- Ability to work well with high-end clientele and have a customer service focus
- Must be detail oriented with ability to problem solve
- Must be organized and on-time
- Ability to meet deadlines, be proactive and multitask
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Excellent sense of design
- Self-disciplined and dependable
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as work with a team
- Weekend work is seldom except a couple possible Saturdays throughout the season
- Willing to work in all kinds of weather
- Some experience as a team leader a plus
- Knowledge of irrigation and lighting a plus
- Degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or related field a plus
- Knowledge of NYC metro area sources for plant material and construction materials helpful a plus
This is a full-time seasonal position.
Compensation is commensurate with experience
All candidates may email their cover letter, resume, and relevant materials to foligardens [at] gmail [dot] com.