Town & Gardens is a dynamic high-end landscape design/build firm in NYC. Our national award-winning firm is looking for an experienced, motivated, and responsible gardener. The ideal candidate would be able to use their knowledge to assess conditions and execute needed tasks on a diverse range of residential and commercial sites in the city.
- Work on site to install and maintain plantings, including annuals, perennials, woody ornamentals, trees & shrubs
- Document site visits with reports and photographs as needed
- Serve as quality control to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve field issues
- Read, interpret and execute plans and design drawings as connection between client and PMs/Designers
- Complete all job-related paperwork, including keeping accurate notes regarding labor hours and materials.
- Keep and maintain all tools and material needed to complete daily tasks
- Other related duties as required
- Relevant experience in plant management, garden maintenance & installation.
- In-depth knowledge of plant science, identification and management; local plants, interpreting plans, landscape maintenance and installation techniques
- Practical knowledge of specific techniques: transplanting, deadheading, shearing, pruning, etc.
- Knowledge of low-voltage lighting and drip irrigation preferred
- Degree or certificate in Horticulture or related field preferred
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Valid NY/NJ Driver’s license a plus
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation.
To apply, please email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Town and Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.