Founded in 1965, Wave Hill is a 28-acre public garden and cultural center overlooking the Hudson River and Palisades, in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Its mission is to celebrate the artistry and legacy of its gardens and landscapes, to preserve
its magnificent views, and to explore human connections to the natural world through programs in horticulture, education and the arts. For more information about Wave Hill, please visit www.wavehill.org.
The gardens and landscapes include: flower garden, wild
garden, aquatic garden, alpine house, herb and dry gardens, tropical house, cactus and succulent house, collections of South African bulbs and other winter-blooming plants, woodlands, significant trees, and extensive displays of summer containers.
Benefits, Salary and Schedule:
- This position is under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Full-time; Non-exempt
- 5 days a week. 35 hours a week; Weekend rotation and split days off
- Annual Salary: $54,181
- Benefits: major medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with a pension plan, and life insurance
- Passion for gardening and desire to work with a diverse collection of hardy and tender plants.
- Minimum three years’ experience of sound horticultural practice
- Familiarity with the operation of power and hand tools
- A valid driver’s license in good standings
- Willingness to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Ability to work alone and with others in a team-based organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Send resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to Louis Bauer, Senior Director of Horticulture at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state Gardener in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, and only those receiving an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.