Bronx House Summer Day Camp is located in Rockland County, Pearl River, NY. The day camp Gardening Specialists will conduct engaging, skill building instruction in gardening. 10:45am-3:45pm, Mon-Fri. This position runs 7 ½ weeks from June 27-August 16.
- A knowledge base in gardening.
- Demonstrated skills and competency as an instructor.
- Understanding of conflict resolution, dedication and mentoring concepts.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong group management skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Ensure that age-appropriate activities are implemented for youth, grades K-6.
- Plan, organize, and oversee gardening activities with the support of unit leaders, group leaders, CITs, volunteers and other specialty staff.
- Build positive relationships with youth.
- Encourage youth to actively participate; promote respect and team work.
- Provide a safe, structured environment for student learning.
- Attend all required trainings.
- Maintain and supervise use of all specialty related equipment, reporting necessary maintenance and updates regularly to Director.
- Report to and provide necessary assistance to Director and Unit Leaders when specialties are not in session.
- Participating in total camp program including, all-camp events, opening and closing day.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bronx House Summer Day Camp