Green Roof Maintenance Crew Leader
We are the leading green roof installation and maintenance company in the Greater Philadelphia area. We are currently seeking individuals who are excited about working outdoors, interested in horticulture, and are passionate about their craftsmanship and customer service. This position requires excellent communication skills with diligent note taking and interaction with our online tools for scheduling and reporting.
Strong candidates for this position should have good working horticultural knowledge. We are seeking someone with a love for plants and experience working as a team lead and will be comfortable leading and teaching others good garden practices. Candidates should be able to present themselves in a professional manner when working with clients. Adaptability, communication skills, attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment, and following up on unresolved issues are essential. Applicants should be interested in learning more about other aspects of our company and be willing to participate in landscape construction work when needed.
Job Type: Full-time flex
Salary: Hourly, non-exempt: Compensation is commensurate with experience
Work Area: Travel from company warehouse in Mt. Airy area of Philadelphia to job sites in the tri-state area and occasionally beyond
- Lead and work with maintenance crew to maintain client gardens and rooftop landscapes with a focus on fine gardening, to include perennial and annual planting as necessary
- Lead and demonstrate accurate techniques for planting, weeding, and pruning plants
- Share and teach best maintenance gardening practices with other team members
- Provide input on scheduling of daily responsibilities and seasonal tasks for maintenance crew
- Update progress reports and include photos of the completed work
- Identify any requirements or supply needs for projects and maintain supply inventory per site
- Develop and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Maintain professionalism with clients and their gardens, providing attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment and following up on unresolved issues
- It is essential to be comfortable with maintaining and adjusting irrigation systems, pest management and troubleshooting plant health or other garden issues.
- Work with management team to produce desired outcomes for maintenance projects within allotted timeframe and budget
- Daily responsibilities may also include driving a company vehicle between sites, and to and from the company warehouse
- At least 3 years experience in landscaping profession – green roof, rooftop, urban environments a plus
- Experience as a team leader
- Clean driver’s license and smart phone are a must
- Good working knowledge of plant identification, health, and habit
- Understanding of construction methods and handyman type skills
- Ability to work well with high-end clientele and have a customer service focus
- Must be detail oriented with ability to problem solve
- Must be organized, on-time, self-disciplined and dependable
- Ability to meet deadlines, be proactive and multitask
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Excellent sense of design a plus
- Able to take direction and work independently as well as work with a team
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Availability for long seasonal hours
- Adherence to all safety protocol
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift between 50 – 100 lbs
- OSHA certification a plus (required to obtain OSHA 10 certification within first 30 days of employment)
- Knowledge of irrigation and lighting a plus
- Degree in landscape architecture, horticulture or related field a plus
Applications and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roofmeadow Services, Inc.