Green Roof Maintenance Crew Member
We are the leading green roof installation and maintenance company in the Greater Philadelphia area. We are currently seeking individuals who are excited about working outdoors, interested in horticulture, and are passionate about their craftsmanship and customer service. This position requires excellent communication skills interaction with our online tools for scheduling and reporting.
Strong candidates for this position should have horticultural knowledge or a passion to learn more about plants and gardening. Candidates should be able to present themselves in a professional manner when working with clients. Adaptability, communication skills, attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment, and following up on unresolved issues are essential. Applicants should be interested in learning more about other aspects of our company and be willing to participate in landscape construction work when needed.
Job Type: Full-time flex
Salary: Hourly, non-exempt: Compensation is commensurate with experience
Work Area: Travel from company warehouse in Mt. Airy area of Philadelphia to job sites in the tri-state area and occasionally beyond
- Take direction from Crew Leader and work diligently and independently
- Complete seasonal plant installations and other garden related construction tasks on project sites
- Complete day to day plant maintenance and weeding
- Understand the project schedule and report on time to project sites
- Develop and maintain a harmonious work environment
- Maintain professionalism with clients and their gardens, providing attention to detail, sensitivity to personal environment and following up on unresolved issues
- 1+ years experience in garden maintenance – green roof, rooftop, urban environments a plus
- Good working knowledge of plant identification, health, and habit a plus
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual
- Must be able to problem solve
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Availability for long seasonal hours
- Ability to take direction, prioritize, and multi-task
- Must be organized, on-time, self-disciplined and dependable
- Energetic, motivated, and hardworking
- Punctual, and dependable
- Adherence to all safety protocol
- OSHA certification a plus
- Ability and willingness to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to bend, twist, kneel, climb stairs and ladders
- Ability to lift between 50 – 100 lbs
Applications and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roofmeadow Services, Inc.