Horticulture Communications Intern
Madison Square Park Conservancy is the nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture and enhance Madison Square Park, a dynamic seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Mad. Sq. Hort, the horticulture program of Madison Square Park Conservancy, is committed to creating a world class public garden featuring sustainable urban horticulture, the preservation of Madison Square Park’s tree canopy and the curation of five botanical collections of Daffodils, Redbuds, Hydrangeas, Camellias, and Witch Hazels.
Reporting to the Conservancy’s Director of Horticulture, the Horticulture Communications Intern is a great opportunity for individuals who desire hands on experience in public horticulture management, recordkeeping, and program development.
- Monitor and foster community on MSPC social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Draft Social Media posts for MSPC events and programs related to Mad Sq. Hort
- Assist in updating and drafting posts on wordpress-based website
- Collaborate on in-Park signage and all printed collateral
- Assist Deputy Director of Horticulture and Operations with administrative tasks, presentations, and graphics related projects
- Photograph horticultural displays
- Assist in Collections management
- Data entry
- Assist with Conservancy events and programs as part of the staff
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A dynamic, enthusiastic college graduate or student who can take both initiative and direction
- Fluency with social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- A creative eye
- A team player who enjoys collaboration
- First-rate interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, and thoroughness
- Availability to work occasional morning, evenings, and weekends
- 8 hours a week, flexible hours possible, Monday-Wednesday TBD. Occasional early mornings, late nights, and weekends.
- $15/ hour
- March- May
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls please.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.