Irrigation Installer (part-time)
Outside Design Build, a niche Green Roof firm in Brooklyn, NY with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a part-time Irrigation Installer who is passionate, hard- working, versatile, and highly skilled.
- Install Irrigation Systems for roof top gardens, including valves and controls, and all system piping: ¾” ½” and drip.
- Perform routine maintenance of existing irrigation systems, including minor repairs, re-programming of settings, winter shut down and spring start up.
- Work throughout Brooklyn, Manhattan, with occasional trips to accounts in the Hamptons and New Jersey. Valid Driver’s License a plus.
- Communicate directly with clients and the public.
- Ability to follow instructions and execute tasks in an timely and efficient manor
- Dependable, hard-working, and positive attitude.
- Punctual and willing to work in all kinds of weather
- 2+ years plumbing, irrigation, gardening or comparable experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- Ability to work part-time, between 2 to 3 days a week for the remainder of the season (August-November)
- Some garden maintenance is part of the job, so a preference given to individuals with good working knowledge of plant and weed identification; maintenance of perennials, grasses, vines, shrubs and trees; pest identification and management; training, pruning and deadheading
- Must be able to operate basic plumbing tools, as well as basic construction tools such as drills, drivers and saws
- Experience with hand pruners, rakes, shovels, loppers, and weed whacker (occasional) a plus
Outside Design Build has been installing and maintaining green roofs and living walls in NYC since 2004. Committed to gardens that aim to reduce our global carbon footprint and conserve resources, we work almost entirely on roof top projects which mitigate the environmental impact of urban life.
To apply, e-mail cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.