Landscape Designer / Project Manager
GREENCITYdesign is seeking a Landscape Designer/Project Manager with a flexible schedule for landscape design and installation work. This is an independent contractor position used on a per-job basis, with the opportunity to grow into a full time position.
GREENCITYdesign a Design + Build firm based in Hoboken, NJ, servicing the high end clientele of Manhattan, Brooklyn, Jersey City, and Hoboken areas. We specializing in roof gardens, terraces, townhouses, backyards, and renovation projects.
Location: Hoboken, NJ 07030
Candidates with relevant experience designing, managing, and installing high end urban landscape projects should apply. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that is self sufficient with the ability to manage a project from design to completion of installation. The position is ideal for those interested in the unique and hands on aspects of design and project management within the design + build field.
- Landscape installation and construction management experience in NYC
- Sales and client management
- Estimating and budgeting
- Familiarity with building submissions and working within building guidelines
- Work collaboratively with field staff, vendors and subcontractors
- Degree in landscape design, landscape architecture, architecture, or construction management
- Minimum 3 years designing and project managing
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet project deadlines in a time efficient manner
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to lead a project team and appropriately delegate work
- Familiarity with estimating and bidding processes
- Familiarity with NYC building code and typical building rules and regulations
- Good knowledge of landscape construction methods, materials and ordering processes
- Prior experience in the field of urban landscape design, installation and/or management
- Familiarity with Sketchup and Adobe Creative Suite.
Please submit with resume and portfolio to email@example.com.