Landscape Installation Foreman
Town & Gardens is a dynamic high-end landscape design-build firm in NYC. Our national award-winning firm is looking for a Landscape Installation Foreman. This position oversees crews working on installation projects in the field.
- Outdoor construction, carpentry and masonry experience.
- Knowledge of rooftop pedestal paving systems a plus.
- Experience in landscape irrigation and low voltage lighting preferred.
- Knowledge of local plants, interpreting plans, landscape maintenance and installation techniques.
- Able to lead, motivate and train field staff.
- Able to read construction drawings, and interpret plans.
- Responsible for job sites and quality control (own the job) and able to troubleshoot, diagnose and solve field issues.
- Able to interpret and fill out all job-related paperwork, including keeping accurate notes regarding labor hours and materials.
- Must be able to anticipate tool and material needs.
- Horticulture degree and/or equivalent landscape experience preferred.
- Valid NY/NJ driver license preferred.
- Able to lift 50lbs and work in all weather conditions outdoors.
- On site customer liaison between customer and PM’s/designers.
- Communicate verbally and in writing with PM’S/designers.
- Responsible for vehicle, field personnel and any related materials.
- Maintains and keeps all related tools and materials needed to complete daily tasks.
- Able to work up proposals for extra work (with training).
- Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel, and able to learn estimating software.
We offer a competitive salary, benefits, and paid vacation.
To apply, please email a Resume, Cover Letter, and relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Town and Gardens is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.