Company: Future Green Studio
Location: Red Hook, Brooklyn NY
Dynamic landscape urbanism and urban ecology firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking a Maintenance Gardener who is passionate, hard-working and highly skilled.
- Perform routine maintenance and installation of Future Greens gardens
- Perform tasks such as weeding, deadheading and pruning plants, trees and shrubs
- Perform tasks using hand tools
- Monitor gardens and report any issues to Head Gardener
- Keep a weekly maintenance log
- Horticultural knowledge should include: plant and weed identification; maintenance of annuals, perennials, shrubs and trees; pest identification and management; training, pruning, deadheading
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and work in hot weather on rooftops
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green Studio’s work focuses on reclaiming post-industrial landscapes, on planning future visions for cities, and on greening New York City’s rooftops. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale conceptual landscape urbanism as well as small scale garden and art interventions. We design and we build. We are thinkers, designers, teachers, gardeners and craftsmen.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.
Future Green Studio
Website: Apply Online