Design Wild is a New York City based landscape design firm that works at the intersection of landscape design, humans, and community well-being. We believe the relationship between people and the natural world is essential for individual health and the well-being of communities, neighborhoods and ecosystems. We are inspired by the magic of plants and the power of effective design to transform any spaces into a lush, beautiful, highly usable world. We strive to build lasting, just connections through the transformative power of plants.
Design Wild is seeks a full-time, hourly Operations/Executive Associate to support an energetic and growing design team. We are a driven, collaborative, and entrepreneurial team with energy and passion that power our work. We seek an exceptional individual who will be a key member of the team and who will share in that excitement to help us continue to design and build. Candidates should expect 30-40 hours per week of partially remote work.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable and experienced in business administration and day-to-day operational tasks. The candidate we seek will thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, is an adept task manager, and will be able to work with us to streamline operations as we continue to scale. Professionalism, attention to detail, and high-quality writing skills are critical. Plant and horticulture knowledge a plus but not a requirement. Deep dedication to equity and justice work in all things a must.
Tasks will include:
- Clients and vendors communication ensuring authentic, warm problem-solving customer service.
- Calendar planner, scheduling and coordination with clients, partners and vendors
- Purchasing and procurement of all supplies for company and on going projects
- Assistance with preparation 10 of proposals, presentation and meeting materials
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining administrative systems, day-to-day business operations as needs arise
- Management and coordination of social media presence and marketing outreach
- Compiling and filing of expense receipts and other financial data
- Email and contact management
- You are excited and passionate about our mission and work
- You embrace the ambiguity that comes with a start up company environment and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to solve problems
- You are a highly organized self-starter who doesn’t require a lot of direction to complete a project and have the ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks at once
- You are able to practice open, honest and non violent communication
- You can work both independently and as a team member
- Confidential and trustworthy - must use good judgment and discretion as needed;
- Expert in MS Office, Gmail and Dropbox with proficiency in Adobe Suite and Squarespace strongly desired.
- A creative eye for design and composition a huge plus
- Minimum of three years experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management
See website for more info www.designwildny.com
Pay $25+ an hour based on level of experience
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter stating 1. what most excites you about our company and work and 2. what role or life experience you have had in the past that you sense has prepared you most for this position (cover letters that do not explicitly address the following questions may be dismissed without review), your resume and ‘Operations’ as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.