Plant Distribution Coordinator/Perennial and Biennial Grower
Job Title: Plant Distribution Coordinator; Perennial and Biennial Grower
Job Reports To: Nursery Operations Manager
Manage the fulfillment of all plant orders for Retail Events, Garden Care, and Installation. Organize all incoming and outgoing deliveries of seasonals, perennials, woodies, and growing supplies; manage all storage and interim care of plant material while it is held at the nursery.
- Manage and coordinate the pulling and distribution of all Perennial, Woody, and Seasonal plant material for the Retail Events, Garden Care orders and Installation orders.
- Coordinate the day-to-day maintenance of Perennials and the WH Nursery grounds.
- Work closely with Woody Plant Procurer, Seasonal Grower and Operations Manager to efficiently utilize shared labor pool.
- Perform normal inventory duties as a function of the position.
Number of employees this employee oversees:
- 3-5 seasonal laborers to complete all maintenance requirements
Minimum requirements necessary to do this job:
- Education (i.e. High School diploma, degree in horticulture): BS in Horticulture or related field.
- Experience (i.e. 2-4 years in a horticultural field): 3-5 years experience in a working nursery operation & Strong working knowledge of Perennial, Annual, and Woody plant material
- Skills (i.e. solid organizational skills, proficiency in Microsoft applications): Good organizational skills & Strong computer skills with a comfort level in Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word.
- Certifications (i.e. spraying certification, ASLA designation): Licensed Pesticide Applicator
- Physically demanding
- Requires working in all weather conditions
- Must be available to work a rotating holiday schedule
- Spray equipment
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Bridget Reilly, Nursery Operations and Horticultural Manager