Plant/Flower Shop Retail Associate
PlantShed New York Flowers
Care and planting knowledge of all tropical green plants, evergreens, annuals, perennials, deciduous bushes, and herbs is preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Explain care and planting instructions to customers thoroughly.
• Communicate needs to Store Manager involving store restocks, needs, and deficiencies.
• Engage customers and be an authority on plants in the retail store environment.
• Understand and be able to educate customers on a range of plant and flower varieties.
• Assist customers in choosing plants based on customer preference and household conditions.
• Be comfortable creating custom floral arrangements based on the needs and input from our clientele.
• Maintain plants in storefront; including watering schedules, sun rotations, and pruning.
• Facilitate transactions on our Point-of-Sale system in a friendly and timely manner.
• Ensuring product is fresh while out on the floor, cycling out imperfect and ill plants to be disposed of or returned to greenhouse.
• Responsible for store upkeep; sweeping floors and cleaning as needed.
• Available to assist during out in-house seminars and workshops.
• Maintaining store appearance set by our Creative Director.
• Comfortable up-selling accessories to clients, offering and execution of additional services eg: in-store repotting
• Engaging, high-energy individual with a passion for interior design.
• Works well on their own or in assisting other team members.
• A customer Service professional with a work history including Hospitality, Luxury Retail, or Design.
• Flexible, willing to lend a hand on projects as needed.
• Horticulture knowledge is highly preferred!
• Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
• Experience with computer systems.
• Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
• Strong communication skills.
• Customer service skills for face-to-face customer interaction.
• Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to read and write in English.
• Capable of passing a background check.
• Ability to work at multiple locations as needed.
• Candidate must be available to work weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org