Plant/Flower Shop Retail Associate
PLANTSHED is seeking a Plant/Flower Shop Retail Associate.
Care and planting knowledge of all tropical green plants, evergreens, annuals, perennials, deciduous bushes, and herbs is preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Explain care and planting instructions to customers thoroughly.
- Communicate needs to Store Manager involving store restocks, needs, and deficiencies.
- Engage customers and be an authority on plants in the retail store environment.
- Understand and be able to educate customers on a range of plant and flower varieties.
- Assist customers in choosing plants based on customer preference and household conditions.
- Be comfortable creating custom floral arrangements based on the needs and input from our clientele.
- Maintain plants in storefront; including watering schedules, sun rotations, and pruning.
- Facilitate transactions on our Point-of-Sale system in a friendly and timely manner.
- Ensuring product is fresh while out on the floor, cycling out imperfect and ill plants to be disposed of or returned to greenhouse.
- Responsible for store upkeep; sweeping floors and cleaning as needed.
- Available to assist during out in-house seminars and workshops.
- Maintaining store appearance set by our Creative Director.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Comfortable up-selling accessories to clients, offering and execution of additional services eg: in-store repotting
- Engaging, high-energy individual with a passion for interior design.
- Works well on their own or in assisting other team members.
- A customer Service professional with a work history including Hospitality, Luxury Retail, or Design.
- Flexible, willing to lend a hand on projects as needed.
- Horticulture knowledge is highly preferred!
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Experience with computer systems.
- Ability to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer service skills for face-to-face customer interaction.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Capable of passing a background check.
- Ability to work at multiple locations as needed.
- Candidate must be available to work weekends.
- Must be able to work more hours during Holidays and peak times.
- Positive and respectful attitude toward customers and co-workers and company property
- Reliability and dependability
- Trustworthiness and honesty is a must!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Apply to: email@example.com
*Please include a resume