Seasonal Garden Assistant
The Greenrock Corporation, located in Tarrytown, New York, is a for profit subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic Preservation and advances the National Trust’s Mission by providing property management services to historic property owned by the National Trust.
The seasonal garden assistant would assist in many aspects of caring for the historic gardens. This position reports to the Curator of Gardens.
Responsibilities will include the following as directed by the Curator of Gardens:
- Plant annuals and perennials
- Water plants
- Deadhead plants
- Divide, stake and fertilize plants
- Assist with conference and special event set up
- Other duties required
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with local and ornamental plant species and their care
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Collegial and collaborative work style
- Ability to work overtime and occasional weekends
- Ability to lift/carry at least 50 lbs.
- New York State driver’s license
Education and Experience
- Minimum of one year of related experience
- $20 per hour.
Please submit your resume to the Curator of Gardens at firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Garden Assistant” in the subject line.