Groundskeeper, FT Seasonal
The William Vale Hotel, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
Success awaits a hands-on, personable, motivated and professional Seasonal Groundskeeper (May - November) to join our team. The ideal candidate is an experienced, high-energy and empowered individual who will proactively provide constant support and guidance to the Repair, Maintenance and Landscaping team.
• Assist the Master Gardener in managing Vale Plaza, Park, Chef’s Garden, Pool and Rooftop areas (i.e., mowing, string trimming, cleaning, pruning, weeding, feeding, mulching, planting & transplanting)
• Responsible for routine maintenance of power tools and equipment.
• Cleans grounds and removes litter.
• Responsible for daily upkeep of the property and grounds, which includes changing garbage bins in The William Vale Plaza, Park and Pool area.
• Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies.
• Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Actively participate in The William Vale’s Safety Plan and energy improvements.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Perform other duties as requested by ownership and management.
• Reliable and have a sense of urgency with email communications and follow up.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with others.
• Encourage synergy and teamwork among the team.
• Outstanding organizational and time management processes.
• Exhibits a high level of professionalism in all interactions/situations.
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long-range goals.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Knowledge of perennials, trees and shrub identification and care.
• 2 years of professional gardening experience
• Knowledge of drip irrigation systems
• Knowledge of Urban Farming
• Ability to do physical labor and lift 50+ lbs on a daily basis.
• Experience in a hotel is a plus.
Please click here to apply directly on our website.