Start Date: March 2 Compensation: $16.00 per hour
The Seasonal Groundskeeper will report directly to the Director of Horticulture and work with other members of the Horticulture Crew to maintain Randall’s Island Parks’ existing gardens and help to develop new gardens. The Seasonal Groundskeeper will assist in preparing for special events, as needed.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- Work with the Randall’s Island Horticulture Crew to assist in horticultural activities, general landscaping general maintenance work, including mowing, digging, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, seed sowing, bed preparation, planting, and caring for existing gardens. and leaf blowers.
- Operate small hand tools and basic power machinery, including hedge trimmers, weed whackers,
- Ensure all equipment is secured and well-maintained.
- General clean-up of garden beds and paths, clean-up litter.
- Perform other general tasks as assigned by the Director of Horticulture.
- Ability to use light power equipment and hand tools
- Basic gardening skills and familiarity with gardening tools
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather, under strenuous conditions
- Willing and able to learn how to maintain and create containers for visual display
- Ability to perform physical labor; must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to work overtime and weekends
- 1 + years hands-on experience in landscaping/horticulture
- High School Diploma and/or coursework in Horticulture, Agriculture or related fields
- Interest in horticulture and the environment
- Experience working with volunteers and youth preferred
- Detail-oriented, with considerable attention to order and cleanliness throughout the park
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Valid Driver License
Randall's Island Park Alliance, Inc
Website: Apply Online