Employer: The New York Botanical Garden
Location: Bronx, NY
The Seasonal Worker is a temporary full-time position. Under the direct supervision of gardeners, assistant foreman and foremen, the Seasonal Worker will be in the Outdoor Gardens in the maintenance of display gardens, herbaceous collections, and seasonal plantings. The Seasonal Worker will assist with garden work and general maintenance as required, such as planting, grooming, weeding, mulching, watering and other related tasks. The Seasonal Worker will use garden tools and operate machinery necessary for the performance of these duties including pruners, rakes, blowers, shovels, etc.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists with the planting, watering, fertilizing, and grooming of plants.
- Assists with the pruning of trees and shrubs, as necessary.
- Assist with moving plant material and garden supplies from one site to another to facilitate proper care of plants.
- Assist with spreading mulch and applying compost and other materials
- Assist with weeding of planting beds and other landscape areas.
- Operate small machinery when necessary to perform specific tasks.
- Other related work as required.
- Valid driver’s license required
- High School Graduate or GED
- The ability to follow instructions and work as a team
- The ability to perform strenuous physical tasks in a variety of conditions, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
New York Botanical Garden
Website: Apply Online