Start Date: Immediate
Forest Hills Gardens Corporation is a neighborhood maintenance organization located in Forest Hills, Queens. Forest Hills Gardens is 175 acre community which dates back to 1907 and includes detached and attached homes, apartment buildings, churches and businesses as well as landscaped areas, public parks, sidewalks and streets. Our professional Crew is responsible for the care and maintenance of common areas including landscaped areas, public parks, pathways, sidewalks (14 miles) and streets (7 miles). We are located a short walk from public transportation (NYC Subway E, F, M and R trains at 71st Avenue/ Continental Station) as well as the LIRR Forest Hills Station.
We seek a hardworking, experienced Senior Groundskeeper/Landscaper whose responsibilities will include:
- Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (7:30 am - 3:30 pm)
- Raking and removing leaves; collection and removal of trash and litter
- Snow removal and salting of sidewalks and driveways
- Using lawn mower, spreaders, leaf blower and snow removal equipment
- Planting grass, cutting lawns, trimming and edging walkways and flowerbeds
- Planting, pruning and shaping shrubs and trees
- Driving commercial trucks and tractors on property
- Maintaining drainage and sewers
- Manage and train Crew members
- Repairing and painting fences, gates and walkways
- 5+ years of experience as groundskeeper or landscaper
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License)
- Strong communications skills and general maintenance aptitude
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift at least 50 abs
- Ability to work well with team members and independently
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Liz.
Compensation based upon experience and expertise. Position is full-time year round and includes paid vacation and holidays.
Forest Hills Gardens Corporation
Contact Name: Liz Longtin