VERDANT is an established landscape design/build firm based in Brooklyn, NY. Our installation work is concentrated in NYC and Brooklyn, where we design, install, and maintain a wide range of complex horticultural landscapes.
We are a small firm looking for an experienced horticulturist to become a valuable team member.
This role would work directly under our lead horticulturist. We are seeking a team leader to develop within our system and grow into the role of leading small scale projects within our company- from terrace installations, townhouse re-plantings, to seasonal work.A strong understanding of the seasonal needs of gardens in NYC is critical.
- Extensive plant knowledge and passion for working and designing with plants
- 3-5 years’ experience maintenance of hi-end residential gardens in NYC
- Proven experience leading small projects and managing 1 to 4 team members on NYC installations
- Willing to work autonomously and with team members
- Ability to communicate with clients to achieve specific goals
- Knowledge of budgeting, coordinating and scheduling processes
- Experience with plant sourcing and procurement
- Familiarity with irrigation systems
- Smart phone savvy with the ability to take detailed notes, photos and keep records
- Comfortable using NYC MTA system and the ability to drive a commercial vehicle throughout NYC
- Ability to generate new ideas and suggestions
This is a full-time salaried position based on experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to be considered to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience