New Eco, an award winning landscape design firm based in Brooklyn, NY, is looking to fill the role of Site Manager for the 2019 season. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, ability to lead a team and comfortable delegating to crew daily, and demonstrate exceptional abilities of carpentry/masonry.
The main goal of project manager is managing site to ensure daily/weekly project benchmarks are being met with high quality work. This role is onsite, with minimal office work.
- have an excellent understanding of masonry and carpentry techniques, methods of installation, and construction techniques in terms of building wood fencing, decks, pergolas, planter boxes, outdoor furniture and patios.
- take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed. Determine needed resources to complete projects while taking into account budget constraints.
- supervise the site + allocate responsibilities to crew members; give guidance when needed.
- have quick daily morning site meeting to clearly communicate project timeline to crew members and make them aware of deadlines + daily/weekly progress points and goals.
- work with the Designer to plan construction operations and deliveries to ensure deadlines are met.
- communicate professionally with client daily if present re: requests, changes, etc; relay information to crew and Designer.
- responsible for on-site debris removal and recycling, scheduling 3rd party if needed (Action).
- manage subcontractors while on site.
- update the online project mgmt tool Raken with daily progress photos.
- receive deliveries and verify for accuracy + completeness.
- train new crew members on site.
- report job progress + status to Designer for weekly reports.
- work with Designer to troubleshoot practical solutions to design obstacles
- enforce necessary precautions to protect homes and public spaces during construction.
- communicating inclement weather calls (“rain days”) to their crew members.
For further information of New Eco, please visit our website at: www.newecolandscapes.com
No phone calls please, email resume and cover letter only to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $35.00 /hour