Greenery NYC, a Brooklyn-based botanic design company, is seeking a Site Manager to join our team. Greenery NYC specializes in the integration of plant life into architecture and human spaces. As a multi-faceted, fast-paced company, Greenery NYC is known for creating innovative botanic installations that utilize technology and deep horticultural knowledge to enable lasting indoor ecosystems.
The Site Manager serves as the point person for client sites and acts as a liaison between horticulturists and management. S/he is responsible for training new staff and assessing and directing the performance and activities of horticulturists and site leads.
- Responsible for client interface and communications, and in tandem with site leads, the long term health and integrity of plant installations.
- Ultimate responsibility for designated sites ensuring entire installation is healthy and looking excellent.
- Assists with the training of new Site Managers, Site Leads, and Interior Horticulturists; develops and prepares training materials and best methods to ensure new hires acquire needed skills. Teaches the “Greenery way” of plant care.
- Ability to learn and troubleshoot Greenery’s automated irrigation systems. Make adjustments, understand basic troubleshooting techniques and is able to guide interior horticulturists through these troubleshooting steps over the phone.
- Visits potential client sites to create plant care plans, watering schedules and make on site assessments as needed.
- Provides direction to interior horticulturists and site leads both on site and remotely via email, phone calls and texts.
- Review site maintenance notes and needs, respond to questions, ensures notes are completed and follow up (i.e. adding plants to buying list) is completed.
- Seasoned and experienced horticulturist with a broad understanding of interior plant care, pest control and best practices to both prevent and contain infestations.
- Deep understanding of interior spaces, plants commonly used, and able to provide input on design and plants for new client sites and make decisions on best plants for replacements.
- Exhibits a can-do attitude with relentless positivity. Team player who wants to support the growth of both Greenery NYC and Greenery NYC horticulture staff.