Social Media Manager, Marketer & Plant Lover
Chelsea Garden Center, 87 Havemeyer Street, Brooklyn, NY, is looking to hire a passionate plant lover with experience in Social Media Content creation and Digital Marketing. Candidates will be responsible for maintaining, cultivating and growing Chelsea Garden Center’s current social media audience of over 11k, with the ultimate goal of converting those followers into paying plant customers in-store/online.
Priority Responsibilities include:
- Planning & Creating Social Media Content for Chelsea Garden Center’s Facebook, Instagram & Twitter Profiles
- Planning & Creating Email Blasts through MailChimp Secondary Responsibilities Include
- Planning & Creating Google, Facebook & Instagram Ad Campaigns
- Planning & Creating Instagram Stories
- Updating Wordpress Website with Seasonal Content
- Responding to Customer Questions/Comments from Social Media Profiles & Contact Forms
Tertiary Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting Retail Staff with helping customers, answering phones, maintaining plants, etc.
- A passion to learn about plants & urban gardening
- Familiarity with photo editing software
- Comfort with Hootsuite or another similar Social Media planning tool
- Comfort/familiarity with MailChimp
- Comfort photographing social content using an iPhone or digital camera
Not required, but a plus:
- Background in Graphic Design, Marketing, Social Media, or Copywriting
- Prior Plant Experience
- Familiarity with Photography
- Familiarity with HTML programming
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Familiarity with Shopify
Please email resumes to Jordan@chelseagardencenter.com.