Special Event & Rental Assistant
The Rental Assistant at Queens Botanical Garden provides support to the Visitor Services Department and our earned income initiatives through the rental of the Garden’s facilities and thirty-nine acres. This position reports directly to the Special Events & Rentals Manager.
- Assist with booking, marketing, and facilitating photo permits, wedding ceremonies, private parties, receptions, clubs, grounds rentals and commercial photo shoots
- Coordinate setup and breakdown of chairs, tables, signage, and tech equipment
- Provide best-in-class customer service by greeting guests and ensuring clients’ needs are met with the highest level of hospitality
- Ensure that the Garden’s standards are maintained during special events including, but not limited to monitoring noise levels, garbage disposal, and restroom cleanliness
- Assist in clerical duties of the Rental Department including checking emails, answering phone calls, and attending to walk-in inquires such as site-visits and appointment bookings
- Assist with updating QBG Events Calendar, send weekly all-staff emails regarding events, enter and monitor rental data-tracking
- Create rental invoices via FundEZ, secure monetary-contracts into QBG’ safe and record into ledger
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Some college and experience in the non-profit/cultural and hospitality sector preferred
- Prior experience in customer service and administration
- Knowledge of Point of Sale (POS) cash register. Experience with Counterpoint SQL or like system preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word etc.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and visitors in high-volume setting
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Experience in cash handling
- Physical Requirements: Duties are performed outside of a typical office environment and include frequent on-site event management and logistics. Considerable physical stamina is required as well as the ability to lift up to 20lbs
- Evening and Weekend work required, may require late evenings
- Driver’s License preferred
- Second language preferred but not required
Please apply through this online portal — Using the link here will let us know you came to us through Metro Hort.