Full Time Gardener sought to maintain gardens in New York City as a member of our garden services crew. Applicant must have experience working in residential gardens. The maintenance service requires taking meticulous care of plants and garden spaces as well as a professional demeanor when interacting with clients and their staff. The ability to spot and identify issues, come up with solutions and follow through is key to being a successful member of the team. Our portfolio includes a wide variety of spaces from Manhattan penthouse terraces to Brooklyn back yards. Hilary Finn Gardens is a growing company providing landscape design, installation, and horticultural maintenance services. We are looking for employees who are excited about and love gardening. Come grow with us.
- Plant Maintenance includes weeding, pruning trees, shrubs and perennials, deadheading, training vines, spotting disease or pests quickly.
- Gardens Maintenance includes cleaning surfaces and sweeping patios and sidewalks
- Planting and installation.
- Take concise notes
- Positive attitude, ability to be flexible and a willingness to be able to shift gears to accommodate the unexpected
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and work efficiently
- At least one year of paid gardening experience
- Excellent plant identification skills and knowledge of cultural needs for a variety of perennials, shrubs and trees used in ornamental horticulture
- Basic knowledge of common pests, diseases and beneficial insects
- Some formal training preferred but not required
- Valid Driver’s License and comfort driving a cargo van required
- Knowledge of native NYC plants and container gardening
- Enthusiasm and interest in horticulture and urban gardening
- Strong and in good physical health
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Dependable, punctual, with an excellent work ethic
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 / hour
To apply: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org