(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Compensation: $58,500- $73,000
Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you enjoy work that benefits the community by making the world a greener place? Join our dynamic team of Engineers and Arborists as we work together to improve the green infrastructure of NYC! Arcadis is seeking to hire multiple arborists to join our team to work on projects for NYC Parks within the five boroughs of NYC. This position will be expected to work full-time as well as overtime as needed.
This position will utilize your technical knowledge and experience to help guide the City’s tree preservation and street tree programs. As you grow with Arcadis, you will become involved with other NYC Parks’ programs, and with other City agencies, all with a focus on the City’s urban forest and other natural systems such as the Staten Island Bluebelt and park restoration projects.
- Maintain daily records and review the daily reports of other inspection personnel, providing feedback and advice for improvement.
- Use the City’s ForMS program as required for the assignment
- Act as an ambassador for the City’s urban forest resource during interaction with the City’s residents and landowners
- Monitor construction daily for overall site safety, permit condition compliance and coordination with other City Agencies
- Monitor Contractor’s adherence to technical requirements and overall responsiveness and effectiveness.
- Use effective oral and written communication skills to effectively represent Arcadis and/or our client Agencies in interactions with the client, local agencies and the community
- Administer all H&S procedures as required by the owner and as detailed in the H&S manual
- Invasive plant species identification
- Hold and attend field meeting with both contractor and owner to discuss progress, schedule and work remaining
What skills / attributes you need:
- Proficient at reading and understanding design plans, specifications and shop drawing submittals
- Keen attention to detail and strong work ethic, with the ability to work overtime when necessary
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage disputes and difficult situations
- Familiarity/experience with GIS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry, Forest Biology or Environmental Resources Engineering or closely related field
- Must have access to a personal vehicle
- ISA TRAQ Qualification
- ISA Arborist Certification
- Capital Contract Supervision Oversight
- Woody Plant and Construction/Restoration Oversight
- 1-year practical experience in tree protection, pruning, installation, and establishment or related work (internships can count towards this requirement)
Contact Name: Rachel Cuff
Website: Apply Online