Arborist Crew Leader
Start Date: 07/25/22 Compensation: $25-$30 hourly
Invest in your future. Join one of the largest employee owned companies in the nation! Davey has a unique culture that focuses on the open exchange of ideas, community partnerships, a commitment to safety and delivering unrivaled client service while acting as industry leaders in horticultural and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add a dynamic Climbing Arborist Crew Leader to our passionate team of tree care professionals. Your office is outdoors, and you get a new view every day!
What You’ll Do:
- Climb Trees! Davey offers both DdRT/MRS and SRT/SRS climbing systems.
- Safely and productively lead a crew in providing arboricultural care for our clients.
- Jobsite Hazards, Obstacles, Plan, Equipment (H.O.P.E) process
- Pruning, thinning and removing deadwood throughout the tree canopy
- Installation of cables, bracing and lightning protection systems
- Removal of hazardous trees
- Mentor crew members through the Davey Career Development Program.
- Properly maintain, prepare and operate all tools and equipment including chainsaws, chippers, aerial lifts and more.
- Love of the outdoors
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree Trimmer Orientation Program upon hire
- Ability to complete the Davey Tree First Aid, CPR and defensive driving course upon hire
- Preferred: Relevant pesticide and related licenses and certificates
- Preferred: ISA Certified Arborist ®, ISA Certified Tree Worker ®, and/or TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional ®
What We Offer: *
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Opportunities for advancement
- All job specific equipment and safety gear provided
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Employee-owned company & discounted stock purchase options
- Group Health Plan
- Employee referral bonus program
- Locations throughout US in major cities and desirable areas
- Career Development Program supported by Industry Expert Safety Specialists & Skills Trainers
- Scholarship Program for Children of Employees
- Charitable matching gift program
*all listed benefits available to eligible employees
Pre-employment Drug Screen and Social Security verification required.