Assistant Construction Manager
Dynamic landscape design firm in Brooklyn with a diverse portfolio and a commitment to sustainable practices is seeking an Assistant Construction Manager to contribute to our diverse staff of designers, fabricators, and gardeners. We design, fabricate, and install award-winning landscapes for institutions, new construction, and high-end residential projects. This job includes supporting the Senior Construction Manager to facilitate installations and shop fabrication projects. Our goal is to achieve a high level of craft in a safe, productive, and equitable work environment.
- Assist Senior Construction Manager in oversight of fabrication and installation projects
- Help to obtain the appropriate permits and licenses from authorities for construction sites
- Assist in ensuring working methods are efficient and adhered to by staff
- Assist in ensuring safety protocols are implemented and adhered to
- Attend weekly staff meetings to discuss upcoming schedule and work flow
- Attend pre-bid meetings and field walkthroughs
- Produce rough order of magnitude estimates for design projects
- Produce estimates for construction proposals
- Produce construction timelines for all projects
- Review scope details and specifications for new projects
- Review of shop drawing plans, sections and details
- Review project specifications and flag items requiring submittals
- Responsible for submittals and using the appropriate software
- Develop list of RFIs for review with Senior Construction Manager
- Help to analyze opportunities for value engineering and comparable product substitutions
- Prepare applications for payments
- Create material lists for each job and reach out to vendors for quotes and lead times
- Help to coordinate material orders and logistics of materials to site
- Four to seven years of construction management experience, preferably in NYC landscape field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detailed‐oriented with strong organizational skills
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines
- Experience managing public, private residential and commercial bids
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in sophisticated landscape construction
- Experience administering G702 and G703 forms
- Proficiency in MS Office – specifically excel and project
- Proficiency in Autocad and CM software (Procore & Newforma)
At the forefront of a national design movement focusing on establishing place and identity through ecological design, Future Green’s work focuses on innovative strategies of integrating landscape into the built environment. We are a unique company, engaging in both speculative, urban, large scale landscape urbanism projects as well as small scale garden and art interventions.
Future Green is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. No calls please.
Future Green Studio