Assistant Landscape Architect
- Conduct site analyses.
- Prepare project scopes of work.
- Prepare and develop schematic designs.
- Prepare illustrative and written material required to convey design intent.
- Conduct materials research and coordinate field material orders.
- Prepare contract documents including drawings and technical specifications.
- Prepare cost estimates throughout phases of design.
- Prepare RFPs for consultant services, coordinate work by consultants, and incorporate their deliverables into project designs.
- Present project designs to donors, community groups, regulatory commissions, and attend public meetings as directed.
- Work with project managers and studio director to clarify questions about CDs and resolve issues in the field.
- Maintain up-to-date files on projects.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Degree from an accredited program in Landscape Architecture.
- Familiarity with relevant design standards, codes, and industry standards of practice.
- Familiarity and understanding of construction documents.
- Strong organizational, communication, and graphic skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and MS Office and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites required.
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional license is required to use the title Landscape Architect in the State of New York. Candidates who may not legally use the title Landscape Architect shall use the title Assistant Landscape Architect until such time as they meet the requirements for registration as a landscape architect in New York State.