Assistant Manager of Park Administration
Start Date: January 2, 2024 Compensation: $70,000 - $72,000
Little Island seeks an Assistant Manager of Park Administration to join the team. Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Assistant Manager of Park Administration works to ensure the Director has a strong foundation of administrative support and the department, including Horticulture, Maintenance, and Park Operations, has the information and administrative systems necessary to deliver a high level of excellence in the park. Responsibilities include but are not limited to supporting budget development and tracking, department-wide schedules and project tracking, hiring, and training systems, implementation and tracking of safety plans, utility and IT services, capital maintenance project support.
A successful Assistant Manager of Park Administration will be a strong project manager and systems-thinker who is excited to contribute to a new and evolving public park. Candidates with experience supporting a senior leader in managing budgets as well as creating and maintaining administrative systems are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide hands-on administrative support to the Director of Operations, and by extension the Park Operations team, including scheduling Departmental meetings, presentation preparation, communication drafting, meeting follow-up, and technological or administrative support as needed
- Support the Director of Operations on the creation and tracking of the departmental budget, tracking, and managing spending to ensure proper reconciliation of expenses and alignment with approved budgeting plan
- Partner with Park Mangers to maintain departmental priorities and timelines, ensuring the communication of information to Park Operations staff and organization-wide as needed.
- Provide creative and administrative support on departmental projects from ideation to execution, completing research and providing key updates and information to department managers and internal stakeholders
- Assist the Director of Operations on all communications and presentations to the Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, executive team, and larger organization as needed
- Attend weekly department meetings, ensuring key topics, decisions, and takeaways are communicated within the team and to the larger organization when appropriate
- Facilitate meetings across the department as needed, with the overall goal of ensuring the department remains informed and aligned
- In conjunction with the Director of Operations, develop departmental systems and strategy, holding the vision of the department and implementing systems that work in service to this vision
- Under supervision of Director of Operations, collaborate closely with the Head of Horticulture, Facilities Manager, and Park Operations Manager to ensure consistent administration of systems across departments
- Collaborate with Park Managers on safety training and tracking for park-based staff
- Oversee tracking and reporting of safety metrics
- Other duties and tasks related to the park and its operations as assigned by the Director of Operations
- 4+ years’ experience in an operations or administrative role
- Proven track record for designing and implementing administrative systems that are scalable, dynamic, and efficient
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills, especially with department managers
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and clearly relaying details to teams
- A genuine curiosity and respect for different work styles and skillsets, and the understanding of how to adjust accordingly
- Experience managing complex and long-term projects
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Passion for efficiency, organization, and detail
- A genuine interest and investment to contribute to our culture of camaraderie and excellence by collaborating and problem-solving cross-departmentally
- Passion for engaging with visitors and guests, ensuring they feel welcome and have the information they need in service to a memorable visitor experience
- Ability to work in U.S.
For benefits and full job description please visit the employment page of our website: https://littleisland.org/employment/
Website: Apply Online