Prospect Park Alliance is the non-profit organization that sustains, restores, and advances Prospect Park, Brooklyn’s flagship park, for the benefit of diverse communities, working in partnership with the City of New York. The Alliance provides a majority of the operating budget and staff that care for the Park, preserving the natural environment and historic design, and serving the community by providing public programming and amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year.
The Prospect Park Alliance is currently seeking a Ballfield Technician to maintain the athletic fields in Prospect Park. Candidates can also be trained in-house to use some equipment. Candidates will report directly to the Turf Crew Supervisor.
- General maintenance of 7 ballfields and the surrounding areas/zone.
- Operate and maintain various vehicles including but not limited to Sandpro infield groomer, John Deere Gator, Toro Workman, Toro Groundsmaster mower, electric Gem car, Ford pick-up truck
- Operate and maintain various power tools such as weed whackers, blowers, lawnmowers, ballfield gas pumps, hand pumps, rototillers, and pressure washer
- Daily maintenance of all vehicles, equipment and storage containers
- Daily cleaning of dugouts, infields, outfields, and lawn areas
- Maintain clay infields with Sandpro infield groomer as well as hand grooming when necessary
- Maintain and weed whack dugout, backstop, renovation and donor tree fencing
- Pump excess water due to poor drainage from fields after rainfall
- Painting, minor repairs, graffiti removal, and weed whacking around benches, signage, and light posts
- Level field surfaces by filling in holes created by dogs, metal detectors, and drainage issues
- Assist with lawn renovations, seeding, top-dressing, etc
- Install, maintain, and remove lawn renovation fences
- Assist crews from Turf, Landscape Management, and Maintenance and Operations when necessary for emergencies, special events, and special projects
- Interact with the public to help resolve ballfield permit issues and to answer General Park questions
- Supervise various seasonal work forces in ballfield-related projects
- Valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must possess physical capacity and mobility to perform related work tasks.
- 1-2 years experience in turf/landscape management.
- Basic working knowledge of small and large engines and equipment upkeep.
Schedule: The schedule for this position is 40 hours a week, including weekends. Its rate of pay is $15.00 per hour.
How to apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The Alliance is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all. Regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or if you’re parenting the next generation, we firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self.