Madison Square Park Conservancy is the nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect, nurture, and enhance Madison Square Park, a seven-acre public green space, creating an environment that fosters moments of inspiration. The Conservancy is committed to engaging the community through its beautiful gardens, inviting amenities, and world-class programming.
Madison Square Park is looking for per diem Brand Ambassadors to welcome visitors, provide information, and direction into the Mad Sq. Hort greenhouse during National Public Gardens Week, May 13-17.
- Serve as an informed and welcoming representative of Mad. Sq. Park Conservancy
- Greet, direct, and assist visitors in the greenhouse
- Maintain and monitor the greenhouse space, including re-organizing and cleaning any interactive stations
- Effectively communicate greenhouse guidelines to ensure general public safety and care of the horticulture within the space
- Familiarize yourself with the horticulture in the space. Mad Sq. Park will supply an index for each display
- Looking for candidates available to work the Week of May 13-17.
- Activation will be open during the hours of 7 AM and 8 PM. Please include your shift. availability during those hours in your cover letter.
- An interest in horticulture and public programming in a park setting
- Dependable and able to engage with the public and visitors of all ages
- A team player who enjoys working outdoors
- Previous knowledge of horticulture a plus but not required
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume with the position “Greenhouse Docent” in the subject line to email@example.com. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed. No calls please.
Madison Square Park Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The Conservancy prohibits discrimination against applicants for employment because of the individual’s race or color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partnership status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre-employment conviction record or any other characteristic protected by law.