Start Date: Immediate
Urban Arborists is a knowledge-driven, full-service tree care firm based in Red Hook, Brooklyn, serving the five boroughs of New York City and the surrounding tristate area. Urban Arborists is widely known for the accuracy of its recommendations and the quality of its work. You can check out the work we’ve done for some of our major institutional and municipal clients such as the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Evergreens Cemetery, and Madison Square Park. We also serve hundreds of private clients annually, from those with humble urban backyards or potted gardens to luxury condo terraces and estates.
- Field customer phone and email queries
- General customer relationship management
- Manage arborists scheduling & appointments
- Track and create consulting and diagnostic contracts
- Review, edit and send estimates/contracts for the company president
- Apply for relevant permits
- Assist with tree inventories, data entry, and assessments as needed
Our office is comprised of a range of long-term and new employees operating on principles of flexibility, open communication, and of course, caring for the environment. We are looking for a well-organized and committed individual who will mesh well with our principles and can provide organizational and administrative support full-time. Basic knowledge of tree and plant care is not critical but very helpful here. If desired this position allows for arboricultural study at the New York Botanical Garden and/or further learning in arboriculture, the tree care industry, and small business practice.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Well-organized with high attention to detail
- Professional and articulate in dealing with clients
- College degree or 3+ years of experience in similar administrative capacity
- Pursues long-term tasks to completion
Immediate opening. Applications accepted and interviews to be held on an ongoing basis.
Benefits include: Health Insurance, Paid Vacation. Salary commensurate with experience.
Spanish language skills a plus. Supportive environment for LGBTQ+ and POC.
Urban Arborists, Inc.