College Internship, Summer 2020
Start Date: June 1, 2020 Compensation: $18 per hour
The Central Park Conservancy College Summer Internship program provides college students with paid, full-time positions for 10 weeks from June through August. Participants contribute directly to the management and care of Central Park and learn about the complexity of managing an iconic and historic urban park that welcomes more than 42 million visits a year. Working with Conservancy staff, interns provide critical support throughout the summer, while developing skills on the job and gaining practical experience for their careers. Additionally, they attend career panels and networking events with professionals at the Conservancy.
Housing and transportation are the responsibility of each individual intern. Schedules vary based on position; all interns work 5 days a week from June 1 – August 7, 2020. Interns are paid biweekly at a competitive hourly rate of $18/hour and are eligible for a 403(b) Retirement Plan and Short-Term Disability.
Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student and have completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework.
Applicants must provide the following documents: (1) current resume; (2) cover letter; and (3) a written personal reference. Your reference letter can be from a teacher, counselor, coach, or supervisor.
- Horticulture Intern
- Horticulture Intern - Natural Areas
- Horticulture Intern - Gardens
- Horticulture Intern - Sports Field Maintenance
- Horticulture Intern - Volunteer Field Programs
- Institute for Urban Parks Intern
- Information Technology Intern
- Content Intern
- Operations Data & Asset Management Intern
- Development Intern
- Human Resources Intern
- Public Programs Intern
- Planning Design and Construction Intern: Design and Construction
- Planning Design and Construction Intern: Planning
- Volunteer Services Intern
- Internship job descriptions can be found by visiting our Internship Program page at: http://centralparknyc.org/summer-internships.
- Please review our opportunities and click below to apply.
Applications due by March 1, 2020