Communications & Marketing Manager
Compensation: $60000-$66000/Yearly Salary
The Communications and Marketing Manager will develop and execute strategies to build the Garden’s visibility and brand through a variety of channels, including digital marketing, press and media relations, and on-site efforts. Their work will connect the public to the Garden’s many identities—that of a botanical garden, a cultural institution, an urban oasis, a panoply of biodiversity, a leader in sustainability, a climate change mitigater, and an exciting destination for people of all ages and backgrounds in the heart of the most diverse county in the country. They will work across teams at the Garden to identify and share compelling stories to build audience and signal the Garden’s values; help drive visitation and ticket sales to on-site programs; and bolster the Garden’s profile through strategic partnerships. The Communications and Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Executive Director. They also provide a high level of support to the Deputy Director, Director of Programs, and Assistant Director of Visitor Services and their respective teams.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Director of Development to develop, implement, and evaluate communications strategies designed to elevate the Garden’s profile, share our work, and support fundraising efforts
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plans for programs—including School Groups, Kids Programs, Teacher Professional Learning Programs, and Public Programs—and Visitor Services initiatives, including admissions, rentals, and Garden amenities
- Provide project management, content, and editorial expertise for various QBG publications, including the Annual Report, Newsletters, and visitor guides
- Manage QBG’s public relations, including press and media relations
- Manage external communication tools, including website and e-blasts, social media platforms, advertising, QBG’s profiles and ratings on various public sites, and related tools
- Support Visitor Services and Programs teams in their efforts to attract and diversity audiences and drive visitation
- Support Development team on the execution of public-facing fundraising efforts, including Giving Tuesday, Annual Appeal, and Rose Gala, and in delivering marketing benefits to Corporate Sponsors
- Lead marketing- and communications-related in-house graphic design efforts to create digital and print collateral, including banners, brochures, postcards, fliers, etc.; support department Directors in their efforts to ensure brand integrity through the production of other public-facing digital and physical QBG collateral
- Photograph Garden activities and programs as needed and oversee the organization and sharing of digital photo library
- Edit videos and virtual content to publish on website and social media channels
- Manage communications and marketing budget
- At times, supervise volunteers and interns
- Be involved in Garden-wide initiatives, such as strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, advertising, graphic design, journalism, or related field
- At least three years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or public relations, including wide-ranging experience in website and social media management
- Exceptional visual and written storytelling skills
- Leadership, organization, and communication skills
- Familiarity with Adobe programs InDesign, PhotoShop, and Illustrator strongly preferred
- Photography skills and aesthetic eye for landscapes, flora, people, and events. Familiarity with DSLR cameras a plus.
- Interest in cultural communities and organizations, sustainable practices, farms, public gardens, and museums highly desired
- Willingness to work weekends and occasional evenings, as needed
Schedule & Salary
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits, including medical, vision, dental and life insurance, generous PTO, paid holidays, and pension. Some onsite work is required, but the option for a hybrid work schedule is available.
Salary range: $60,000 - $66,000
For consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant documents via our Career Center.
If you encounter difficulties with uploading documents to the portal, please send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health & Safety: proof of full Covid-19 vaccination required for employment.
Queens Botanical Garden is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). The Garden does not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, gender expression, mental illness, socioeconomic status or background, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, predisposing genetic characteristic, immigration status, or any other legally protected status. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources via email email@example.com, phone 718-886-3800 x 203.
Queens Botanical Garden Society
Website: Apply Online