Start Date: January 2022
- Collaborates closely with the Manager of Executive Office on the execution of special cross-departmental projects including but not limited to creating PowerPoint presentations, research projects, and protocol development
- Champion organization-wide systems, building strong communications to ensure all employees are aligned on these systems; support the research and recommendation of new systems as needed
- Support the planning and execution of regular meetings across a wide array of stakeholders
- In service of any organizational projects, maintain relationships with consultants, partners, vendors, artists, government officials, and community members on behalf of the Executive department
- Provide administrative support for the Executive department as needed, including project management, meeting scheduling, and reconciling of expenses
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 1-3 years working as administrative support for a senior leader in a non-profit, public space, or entertainment organization
- Strong communication skills and the ability to convey the mission and values of the park to a wide array of stakeholders
- Experience using Asana, Artifax, Airtable, or other planning and organizational tools
- A passion for parks, public spaces, and their role in local communities
- Hardworking, energetic, self-motivated, and dedicated to the details
- Availability to work nights and weekends, especially during the spring and summer seasons
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Eligibility to work in the US
- Ability to start work January 2022
What to Expect
- Little Island has 3 distinct outdoor spaces hosting a wide variety of artistic programs throughout the season including a 687-seat amphitheater.
- Park employees may be asked to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Park employees will spend time onsite at Little Island working in outdoor weather conditions, navigating the entire park and interacting with park visitors to ensure operations are running effectively. Little Island is ADA compliant, and park employees are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for each other and our park’s visitors.
- Little Island’s Headquarters, located near the park, provides an open floor plan office, shared work areas and kitchen, a locker room, rehearsal space, and storage for the park. It is a dynamic and multi-use space where employees and artists can collaborate, connect, and unwind in between shifts, meetings and events.
- Little Island is a park open for all New Yorkers in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. All park employees are expected to actively participate in our communal commitment to employee safety and health and all related employee policies, which are reinforced with our current employees often and will be shared throughout the interview process.
- In accordance with Little Island’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we have adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our visitors; and the community at large during the pandemic. This policy is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities and should be interpreted in alignment with applicable law. All Little Island employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as determined by the CDC, by November 15, 2021, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Potential employees will be given the opportunity to provide proof of vaccination or request a reasonable accommodation at the onset of employment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- 10 days vacation, 7 sick, 3 personal days
- Medical, dental & vision care
- Contribution into a 401(k) retirement plan
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Basic Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.littleisland.org/employment to submit your application via Submittable. Please note that you will have to make a Submittable account. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please let us know at email@example.com
Little Island is a proud equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, familial or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.