(Paid Opportunities) Return to Paid Opportunities
Title: Communications Manager
Job Type: Full-Time; Year-Round; 40 hours per week; occasional weekends/evenings; Minimum 3 days per week in-person; Exempt
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package 60 days following date of hire (health insurance, paid time off, 403(b) plan, etc.), free parking on-site
Work Location: 10 Central Road, New York, NY 10035 (Randall’s Island Park)
Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. (RIPA) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that works with the City of New York and local communities to provide an innovative and exciting destination through a wide range of sports venues, public programs, cultural events, and environmental exploration. As the dedicated steward of Randall’s Island Park, the Alliance sustains, maintains, develops, and programs the Park to support the wellbeing of all New Yorkers. RIPA typically has an annual operating budget of $10 million, approximately half of which is raised through fundraising.
The Communications Manager will oversee the development and communication of messaging of the Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. The Communications Manager will be responsible for overseeing both internal and external communication strategies. This role will work with all departments, regarding outreach, event promotion, fundraising strategies, and relationship building with key stakeholders. The Communications Manager will oversee a team of two and will report to the Chief of Staff. This role is required to report in-person between three-five days per week, depending on seasonal needs and Managers discretion.
- With oversight from the Chief of Staff and latitude for independent initiative and judgment, work to develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns, plans, and strategies to further the mission of the Randall’s Island Park Alliance (RIPA)
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all communication including social media and the website using analytics programs including Google analytics
- Oversee a team of two staff members (one year-round Social Media & Communications Coordinator & one seasonal Media Assistant)
- Brainstorm and implement ways to creatively capture and promote the park, including programming events, passive park usage, environmental interactions, etc.
- Work closely with the Programming department to promote events and initiatives
- Work closely with the Development department to maximize on all fundraising efforts
- Collaborate with all departments to promote and create content for Park-wide events and activities
- Collaborate with the Chief Director of Planning regarding signage for the Park and other ad-hoc projects
- Oversee the creation of marketing and communications collateral that provide a cohesive RIPA brand and message
- Utilize social media platforms to promote events and increase community engagement, including outreach to media outlets
- Handle internal and external communications with key stakeholders
- Write, create, and distribute e-mails to over 20K recipients to increase awareness of park and program news, developments, and initiatives
- Prepare all public facing communications, including e-blasts, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Manage the redesign of the RIPA website, by working with web designers, senior leadership, and various departments, while maintaining the brand of the organization
- Continuously update and maintain the RIPA website including content and imagery
- Liaison with Board Members, park partners, elected officials, park patrons, etc.
- Communicate with media outlets
- Oversee the creation and publication of print and promotional materials
- Provide timekeeping by verifying payroll for the Communications department
- Perform all other general tasks as assigned
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- B.A in Communications, Marketing, or a related field and 5+ years of experience in a Communications oriented role
- Demonstrated track record of successful engagement
- Excellent writing abilities; experience with corresponding with key stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication, ability to articulate and advocate RIPA's mission
- Strong ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects and priorities
- Positive, engaging, and high energy approach
- Minimum of two years of experience leading a small team
- Understanding and awareness of diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Experience coordinating cross-departmentally, regarding communications, marketing, and social media needs
- Ability to collaborate and develop and maintain positive working relationships cross-organizationally
- Ability to pivot and shift priorities and focus, when needed
- Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Motivated and punctual, able to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Driver License
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Graphic design experience
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience working in a non-profit organization
- Interest in green spaces and parks
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in a diverse and an inclusive workspace.
Randall's Island Park Alliance
Website: Apply Online