Crew Leader / Gardener
Start Date: 08/01/2019 Compensation: $22+
Each crew leader is their own project manager and should have these core values: “We are only as good as your last job!”
- Crew leader / Gardener position is the detail part of our company. They regularly visit properties to hand weed, add annual flowers, small garden design and additions, IPM and plant health care during regular visits.
- Report daily to Bedford Hills NY 6:45 am M-F
- Supervision of your crew and team
- Communicate well with owners, architects, supervisors, etc.
- Completion of job related paperwork (plants, materials, chemicals, time sheets and notes)
- Fully understand all planting and related procedures
- Plan and organize labor, materials and equipment for your jobs
- Ability to use technology and take notes
- Horticultural knowledge
- Communicate with home owners and architects
- Plant knowledge
- Ability to drive a truck or van as needed
- Horticultural certificate or proven experience
- Pesticide license or willingness to obtain one (CT & NY)
Pennington Grey, is a new landscape installation and management company located in Bedford Hills NY. We are looking to add to our talented team. Our focus on native plants, ecological approaches and knowledgeable staff make us a training ground for the future land managers in the region.
We are willing to train for many positions if you have the right attitude and willingness to learn and grow with our team. If you think you have what it takes to be a leader in the field email us!